DOWSIL™ 995 Sealing kit fixes glass in combination with safety film in the glass rebate
The special sealant DOWSIL™ 995 is extremely strong and resilient. DOWSIL™ 995 is the most popular sealant for security films. The kit works as a connection between the glass in combination with security film and the frame / rebate. This method of connection helps prevent the glass (with safety film) comes completely loose from the frame in the event of a high impact. DOWSIL™ 995 sealant has a very high tensile strength, making it ideal for absorption of impact energy such as that released by; explosions, extreme weather conditions, vandalism & burglary attempts.
Thanks to this high absorption of impact energy, DOWSIL™ 995 sealant reduces the risk of loosening of broken glass in combination with safety film from the frame / rebate. DOWSIL™ 995 is suitable for outdoor use. The kit is UV-resistant and offers high performance over a wide temperature range. DOWSIL™ 995 is easy to apply yourself using a standard sealant gun. One tube of DOWSIL™ 995 is enough for 35 linear meters.
Please note: You should wait approximately 2-3 weeks before applying the DOWSIL™ 995 sealant after applying the safety film.
DOWSIL™ 995 can be used with the following safety films:
Anti-burglary Window | QS7 |Transparent
Anti-burglary Window Film | QS8 | Mirror
Anti-burglary Window Film | QS12 | Transparent
Fall-through protection Window Film | QS4 | Transparent
Explosion proof Window Film | QE12 | Transparent
DOWSIL™ 995 complies with the newly developed European standards for structural glazing applications as developed by EOTA and SNJF – VEC.
The practical benefits of DOWSIL™ 995 Sealing Sealant
The advantages in brief:
• Helps prevent the glass from coming loose from the glass rebate during high impact energy
• Provides an ultra strong bond between glass in combination with security film and the glass rebate
• Industrial sealant with high tensile strength / flexibility
• Easy to apply yourself with a regular sealant gun
* DOWSIL™ 995 sealant provides additional protection. SCALASOL® can never be held liable for any personal injury / material damage and the subsequent costs.